Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Heart of a Child


I was coming home from church today and got a call from Scott. Since I just talked to him the other day it was an unexpected surprise. "Just a minute, someone wants to talk to you..." There was a short pause then the sweetest voice came on... "hello papa!". Two words that can melt the heart of a grandpa. Lauren is growing up before my eyes. I'm so thankful for blogging as her mom, Susan, keeps us up to date on their growth. Anyways, my little grand daughter is growing up. I tried to get her to say something else, but that was enough.

When we got home, Sher said she didn't check the mail yesterday and came up with a card from 3 of my grand daughters telling me they love me!

As I think of how grand the Lord has made things, it warmed my heart to think of how He cares for us, even in little things. It's not a rocket ship ride to the moon, or an around the world tour, but a simple little, "hello papa", or an "I love you" that is worth millions to me. Actually, it's priceless.

Thank you Lord for reminding me once again of how you care for us, and thank you grand daughters for the little things that are priceless jewels in the treasure chest of life!

No comments: