Monday, June 18, 2007

I'm just realizing

some things my dad was trying to teach me.

I'm turning 59 this year and I'm still learning some things dad was trying to teach me. I've tried to raise my children so it won't take them 59 years to learn some things but we'll see. I am thankful for the values that him and mom raised me with. Some of their teachings (most actually) were done by their example. They showed how to live the right way through their example. Mom and dad stuck with me through thick and thin. I thank God for that. I'm not quite as patient with my children as my parents were but there's still hope for me yet. My hope for them is that they realize that life is not about them Kids grow up quick before you know it. And the sad part is to see them mimic you when they get oldr then you realize that you messed up in some areas. On the other hand, God has blessed me in many other areas with some great kids and grand kids and daughter-in-laws. Still praying for son-in-laws.

No comments: