Thursday, April 13, 2006

I had it all planned!

Tonight I was going to see a friend of mine Dave play in a Last Supper re-enactment. The actors look like statues then one of them moves and starts talking and then when they are done another says something. The program gets you thinking.

Anyway.... I was going to go and watch the play but the Lord had other plans. I didn't feel good most of the day and so decided to stay home. Now normally I'd get real uptight about that, but the Lord and my daughters have been teaching me (once again) that God has it all under control.

Paul, the Apostle, in a letter to the Phillippians put it this way:

"I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Phillipians 4:10-13

Life doesn't always turn out the way we planned, it's how we react to how it turns out that counts. What it really boils down to in life is that "it's not about me". It's about bringing honor and glory to God by how we live our life and how we react to the life He gives.

1 comment:

fressman & family said...

Hope you're feeling better this weekend. I appreciate you and your family SO much. Praying for you.