Wednesday, April 05, 2006

R volution! = a commutative ring being operated on using a complete turn in a spirally wound gastropod shell

You see that sign everywhere. R volution? Wonder what that means? Well, it's by a Chevrolet on the billboard but that doesn't mean anything. Let me look it up in the dictionary....

Definition Let R be a set on which two binary operations are defined, called addition and multiplication, and denoted by + and ·. Then R is called a commutative ring with respect to these operations etc. etc.

Definition volution be "Any complete turn in a spirally wound gastropod shell"

So, if I understand correctly, R volution means it is a "commutative ring being operated on using a complete turn in a spirally wound gastropod shell" !

What in the world!?!

I have to admit tonight that I have PCB...... partial color-blindness so I don't see the letter between the R and the v in R volution. In fact, everytime I see that advertisement I don't even know what the advertisement is about because I'm lost in the word "R volution". Of course having "PCB" all of my life it's okay. You adapt.



In case you've ever wondered what a PCB person sees, here's an example (I think, because how would I know what a normal person thinks a PCB person sees?).



Anyway, if you want to find out more about PCB's check this site out

http://www.vischeck.com/examples/

So, Chevrolet, if you're reading this, please check this site out so I and 266,342,294 others of the world population can see what the "Revolution" is all about! :)

No comments: