Monday, March 27, 2006

Broccoli and Chains!

Now, I like vegetables like most people and enjoy eating a variety when I can, but, does it seem to you that somebody is pushing just a little too much broccoli? Seems like whenever you get the vegetable of the day, it's broccoli! Kind of like the guy who convinces all the juice people to mix cranberry juice in their drinks.

So, I'm walking out of the restaurant tonight with my lovely daughters and another one of those rare mysteries of life pops up. Chains! I've never quite figured out what it is about having a chain around your license plate. Is it a security thing, or a symbol of strength? Or a secret club? How did the inventor of this thing ever think about it? "Hey, I bought too much chain at the store. Can't take it back. What should I do with the extra? Put it around my lawn to keep the neighbor kids from running across it? Nah! I'll put it around my license plate! That will look good!" :)

No comments: