Friday, May 12, 2006

"Glorifying God by training men to fulfill the Great Commission"

Last night I went to the commencement exercises for the Detroit Baptist Theological Seminary in Allen Park.

It was great to see some of my friends graduate from a long and arduous task. That night the wife's were also honored and stood alongside in the greeting line after the services. Congratulations to Ben E., Jay S., Matt O, Jeremy P., John A.!

Now I only knew a handful of the graduates and it was kind of awkward going through the line congratulating people that I didn't know and they didn't know me. After congratulating one of the graduates, he looked at me puzzled like "who are you?". Reading his mind, I quickly assured him with, "I'm with the bride's side of the family!" :) Phew! That went right over his head, but that's okay, as I was helping prepare him for his ministry with people like me that didn't have a clue!

Another blessing of the night was to talk with some of the seminary professor's. They are a rare, dedicated breed of people. Working at Inter-City a few years back, I had the privilege to get to know some of them. They are serious about their work, but amazingly are still personable. I consider it a joy to know them and appreciate them allowing the Lord to work through them.

No comments: