Friday, May 19, 2006

Leeeenda


After Linda was in China for a while, I asked her if she could speak any Chinese. "Leeeenda", she said is the way you pronounce my name!

Tomorrow is my oldest sister Linda's birthday. I wrote about her in a previous article: http://delwart.blogspot.com/2006/03/how-could-i-forget-joy.html

I was in Chiropractic practice with her for about 4 years until I retired and she moved to Zigong, China to practice in a hospital there. I always looked forward to going to work with Linda. As a brother I especially enjoyed giving her a hard time. "Just trying to keep you humble", I'd tell her. But actually she humbled me. When I got real sick a few years ago and was in the hospital and unable to work she just said, "don't worry about your patients, I'll take care of them for you and just give you the money like you were there"! And so she did for several months.

We enjoyed our work and discussing Chiropractic and life in general. I sure miss those times, but I am so happy for her! She has an astounding practice in Zigong. People wait in line for her office to open. They push and shove to get in first. Since she has been there she's been on TV a few times and have been followed around for a documentary honoring her work there. You see, the Chinese people see her as something of a folk hero. Someone who has come to China not for financial success, but to actually help them get well. From the people I've met, the Chinese people are all about financial success, so when someone comes along that isn't in it for the money, it makes big waves.

Whenever I think about how her life has turned out, it makes me smile. I'm so thankful for how the Lord has worked it out in her life.

I look forward to seeing her when she comes home to visit this winter.

Happy Birthday Sis!

No comments: