Wednesday, May 17, 2006

...neither are your ways my ways

12" = 1 yard
4 quarts = 1 pint
125 inches = 1 mile
2 + 2 = 5

I was getting a haircut today (3rd one in a year!... a record for me), and I was listening to a man in the chair next to me. He was telling the barber that he was glad that they finally came out with the Judas book. "Finally a book that gives Judas the break he deserved. Even Jesus told him it wasn't his fault as he didn't have a choice"!

... "if I were god, I wouldn't punish people for bad decisions" is the attitude some have. It seems like we always know better than God, how to be God. I think it's our sin nature, it' our rebelliousness talking. What we may really be saying is that we won't hold anyone accountable for wrongdoing because we don't want to be held accountable for our own wrongdoing.

Isaiah 55:8-9 says, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,"declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

If we only could run the world, "we'd all get along".... right! Each one of us using our own standards for what is right and wrong would be a disaster. Imagine building a house with everyone have a ruler that measures different. One ruler is 5" to a foot, another is 8" to a foot, etc.

It doesn't really matter though, because the only standard that matters is God's standard. He's not taking a poll to see how we'd do it!

No comments: